This is our 26th year and we are aiming for 2024 to be better than ever. The event takes place over the weekend of 28th, 29th, and 30th June in
Oakhill Park, East Barnet and we are looking for talented artists, bands and performers to join us in making this an extra special year. As ever,
there are far more people asking to play than we can accommodate so we invite you to apply using the form below. We have team of very experienced
people, heavily involved in the local music scene, who will consider all applications with the intention of confirming participants and the
running order early in 2024. We will be looking to produce a roster with a wide range of diverse acts covering different music styles and representing
different parts of our wonderful community with the key emphasis on great entertainment. If we are unable to give you a slot on the big stage
this year, there may be some alternative opportunities that we hope to offer.
Some of the key points we will be taking into account when assessing applications:
- Your talent and skills as performers and entertainers - we are happy to look at this both on-line and by seeing you live
- That you did not play at the Festival in 2022
- Your current or past support for EBF through promotion, posts, volunteering etc
- The quality of your on-line presence and material
- Your overall profile/following/media exposure
This is a great opportunity for local musicians and new acts to gain exposure and experience playing on a large stage so we welcome your
application even if you do not think you can meet all of the above.
There are a few points to take into account when considering your application:
- Performance slots are likely to be between 20-45 mins and will be confirmed if you are booked.
- Performance slots will run from 12 noon to 9pm on 29th and 30th June 2024. In stating your availability you must be able to arrive 1
hour before your slot and be prepared to leave late in the event of over-run.
- We will provide the stage, large PA system, lighting, microphones and DI boxes (for keyboards etc), and courtesy of Mill Hill Music
Complex, two guitar amps, one bass amp and a drum kit. In order to simplify change-overs, we ask that you use these where possible.
(Drummers should bring ‘breakables,’ i.e. cymbals, snare, kick pedal, stool.) Please let us know your full line-up and any special
requirements you may have such as unusual instruments, access, seating etc.
- We will expect you to actively promote and publicise your involvement in EBF.
- This is a family event with many young children present, performances must be appropriate.
We are really excited about 2024 and working with you to put on a diverse, talented programme of entertainment. Good Luck!
Applications will close at midnight on 29th February 2024.