East Barnet Festival FAQs
How much does it cost?
Standard piches on the grass 3m x 3m (nothing provided by us):
- Charities and non-profit organisations: 1 day £30, 2 days £55
- Craft stalls (individual crafters, not companies): 1 day £35, 2 days £65
- Commercial: 1 day £50, 2 days £95
Large piches on the grass up to 6m x 3m (nothing provided by us):
- Charities and non-profit organisations: 1 day £40, 2 days £75
- Craft stalls (individual crafters, not companies): 1 day £50, 2 days £95
- Commercial: 1 day £70, 2 days £130
Larger pitches are pro rata or by negotiation
Table in a marquee, 4ft x 2ft 6" (120cm x 76cm):
- In the tea tent (charities and non-profit organisations: 1 day £20, 2 days £35
- In the craft tent (individual crafters, not companies): 1 day £25, 2 days £45
Table in a marquee, 6ft x 2ft 6" (180cm x 76cm):
- In the tea tent (charities and non-profit organisations: 1 day £35, 2 days £65
- In the craft tent (individual crafters, not companies): 1 day £40, 2 days £75
Special offer: If you are a crafter or sole trader living in the Boroughs of Barnet, Enfield or Hertsmere, and are attending the festival for the first time you can pay just 20% of your takings (or the stalls fee it it's lower).
Do I need insurance?
Yes, you must have your own public liability insurance. We can advise about obtaining it.
How many people attend the Festival?
We expect to attract up to 20,000 visitors over the weekend. We can't give an exact figure, as there is no 'gate'.
Can I pay on the day?
No, please pay by the payment deadline, which is a few weeks before the event.
Do you provide electricity?
Unfortunately not. It's difficult and expensive in an open park. A generator might be allowed if it is essential to the running of your stall, but it must be cordoned off, and you must have a fire extinguisher with a valid test label. Ask at time of booking.
Do you provide chairs and tables?
Tables are only provided in the marquees. Chairs are available for hire in advance (at £2 each per day), but only if you're arriving on foot and don't need a vehicle entry permit.
Can I keep my car with me?
No, but you can unload at your stall. Then you must park in the designated parking area which is not very far away.
Is there good disabled access?
Blue badge holders can park quite near their stall (see park map). Wheelchair users please note that the whole event is on grass.
Can I leave anything at the festival ground overnight?
You are advised not to. If you do, it is entirely at your own risk. There are security guards on duty at all times, but neither the site nor the park is enclosed. Many stallholders leave gazebos up of it's not too windy.
Can I sell food or drink to be consumed at the festival?
There are no vacancies for this at present, but you can contact us to be put on the waiting list. Food traders pay £430 for the weekend.
We are a charity. Can we raise funds and campaign?
Yes, you can do both, but only in the immediate vicinity of your stall.